A single structure or a single Unit within a structure, owned by You, used and zoned only for residential occupancy that is not intended to be moved (Residence ) is eligible. Residences include single family homes (inclusive of manufactured housing), townhomes, and apartments. A single structure that is owned by You and used and zoned only for residential occupancy that includes multiple Units (Multifamily Residence ) is also eligible. If You own a Multifamily Residence or multiple Units, You must provide the specific Unit mailing address for each Service Agreement You purchase. Any recreational vehicle or property used for commercial purposes is not eligible. If You are aware of any pre-existing conditions, defects or deficiencies with Your Heat Pump/Cooling System prior to the Start Date of Your first Term, then You are not eligible for this coverage. If Your entire Heat Pump/Cooling System is shared with any third party, covered by a homeowners, condominium or like association, or is not installed according to manufacturer specifications, then You are not eligible for this coverage. In addition, if You have a Heat Pump/Cooling System that use refrigerant other than R-22 or similar, R-410a or has non-compliant components, or is a, capacity exceeding five (5) tons; ammonia cooling, window, through the wall, hanging, geothermal heat pump or combination ambient heat/domestic hot water heating unit, then You are not eligible for this coverage.
1. Damages, losses and expenses, whether from negligence or otherwise, caused by: (a) You or any person or entity other than Us or HomeServe or (b) unusual circumstances, meaning a natural disaster, act of God (such as fires, explosions, earthquakes, drought, tidal waves and floods), war, riots, hostilities, strikes or work slowdowns or acts or threats of terrorism.
2. Excluded Damages (see "Our Liability" below) which include, for example, damages necessary to reasonably access the repair area. Your rights and remedies may vary depending on the state where Your Residence is located
3. Any correction or upgrade of Your existing Heat Pump/Cooling System, not directly related to the necessary repair, in order to meet any code, law, regulation or ordinance.
4. Repair or replacement of any part of Your Heat Pump/Cooling System that is not expressly stated to be covered in "What's Covered" above.
Heat Pump/Cooling System Exclusions:
1. Air ducts, a/c coils, registers, grills, asbestos coverings, balancing of system, wiring and parts external to the unit, compressors or chillers, condenser casings, condenser coils, evaporator coils, metering systems/TXV valves, thermostats or thermostat wiring.
The maximum benefit limit is up to $1,750 per Term. Plan coverage will arrange and pay for the repair or replacement due to normal wear and tear of the following components of the electric central air conditioning system (Heat Pump/Cooling System), for which You have sole responsibility, that supports Your Residence: Capacitors; circuit boards and Internal fuses or breakers; condensate pumps; condenser motor and fan; contactor switches; delay timer; fan controls and relays; filter dryer; high and low pressure switches; limit controls; up to 1 pound of refrigerant (excluding maintenance recharges which are not covered); relays; transformers and valves.
Any component of Your Heat Pump/Cooling System not specifically listed as covered will not be covered. You must call HomeServe to arrange for service in order for repairs to be covered. See ,how to Call for Repairs below.
Any repair or replacement charges beyond Your benefit limit are Your responsibility.
Making a Service Call:
Your plan starts the day your enrollment is processed. There is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a service call, providing 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), there is no waiting period. Cancellation: Cancel any time by calling HomeServe at 1-844-848-0465. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date, you will get a full refund (less any claims paid, where applicable). If you cancel after the first 30 days, you will be entitled to a refund of 90% of the unearned pro-rata price less any claims paid (where applicable). Renewal: Your coverage is based on an annual contract. Credit card or debit card customers, unless you cancel, your plan automatically renews annually at the then-current renewal price with your same payment terms. FPL Home is an unregulated subsidiary of FPL. This optional Plan is offered by FPL Home and not FPL. The coverage is administered by HomeServe. The coverage is provided by ServicePlan of Florida, Inc. HomeServe is an independent company, separate from FPL Home.